Financial assistance from the UN in Bulgaria. How to get?
The UN pays out monetary aid to Ukrainians who have found temporary shelter in Bulgaria.
Only persons with temporary protection status who meet certain criteria can receive a one-time cash payment from the UNHCR.
Requirements for aid recipients
Financial support can be received by families which:
1. Fit under the vulnerable category. This status is determined by the presence of:
• Family members with disabilities or serious health conditions (inability to take care of themselves);
• Children in the risk group (a child who has own kids, under-aged married person, teenage pregnancy, child involved in child labor);
• Elderly people from the risk group (a single person over the age of 60 who is the sole caretaker of a child);
• A pregnant woman or a woman who’s nursing a baby;
• Single father or mother with more than three children;
• A person who has survived torture, human trafficking, or psychological trauma;
• LGBT person who faces certain protection risks.
2. Have limited financial resources or lack of income;
3. Will become less vulnerable after receiving a financial payment.
How to apply?
Employees of UNHCR partnering organizations (BCH, BHK, RZHB, PHAR) or international organizations (UNICEF, IOM) will apply for payment. They will assess your family's level of vulnerability and fill out a questionnaire.
You must leave your correct phone number (Ukrainian or Bulgarian) to receive an invitation to an interview.
Steps to get paid
1. Contact the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), employees of partner organizations or other international organizations. You will receive a referral to the Cash Assistance for Protection program.
2. You will receive confirmation of your form receiving from the Bulgarian Red Cross.
3. UNHCR will check compliance.
4. Ineligible families will be notified by the Bulgarian Red Cross.
5. Selected families will receive an invitation to the interview. All family members must be present during the interview. UNHCR decides whether the family will receive a payment and its amount.
6. If the family has passed the selection, the contact person will receive an SMS with a code to receive money at the Western Union office.
Points where you can get help
Contact a UNHCR partner organization. In the first stage of the program, interviews for vulnerability testing will be held only in Sofia, Varna, and Burgas.
• Sofia. Information and Integration Center of BCH, blvd. Evlogi and Christ George 165;
• Varna. Bulgarian Red Cross / "Blue Point", str. "Brothers Shkorpil" 3;
• Burgas. Bulgarian Red Cross, g.k. Revival c. 7.
1 minFor refugees
2 minFor refugees
1 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.