Migration Service returns to Kherson: where and how to restore documents
After the departure of the occupiers from part of the Kherson region, residents of the liberated territories could remain without documents for various reasons. To solve this issue, the Migration Service decided to resume work on the right bank of the Kherson region to help local residents get lost, confiscated and destroyed passport documents.
The Migration Service already:
• resumed the work of three sectors - Veliko Oleksandrivskyi, Vysokopolskyi and Novovorontsovskyi - there they help the local population: we restore documents and consultations;
• sent a car with two mobile workstations to Kherson, which are ready to process people's lost or destroyed documents;
• began to restore the operation of secure communication channels and will launch an "electronic queue" in the coming days.
How residents of the region can get detailed information about the work of the State Migration Service in the liberated territory of the Kherson region:
- "hotline" of the Office of the State Migration Service of Ukraine of Ukraine in the Kherson region - (095) 114-22-28;
- Great Oleksandrovsky sector – (098) 386-15-61;
- Vysokopolsky sector – (097) 002-93-22;
- Novovorontsov sector - (068) 597-27-97.
Banks are also returning to Kherson. Several branches will work
Branches of Oschadbank and PrivatBank have been operating in Kherson since November 16.
Where are the branches opened, and what are the working hours?
• Oschadbank resumes the full operation of the branch and ATM at the address: Kherson, str. Chornomorska, 29-A. Working hours: from 09:00 to 15:00.
• PrivatBank will partially provide services in the central branch, located in the regional center on the street. Potemkinska, 20. Working hours: from 09:00 to 16:00.
It is also expected that other branches of these banks will return to work in the near future.
In addition, there is a humanitarian headquarters hotline in the city, which you can contact by phone: (066) 637-49-85 or write to messengers Viber, Telegram, Signal, WhatsApp at the number: (098) 176-16-98.
We will remind you! Earlier, we talked about the rules of conduct in de-occupied territories during stabilization measures. Read more about this in our article.
1 minFor refugees
1 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.